BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Uniforms

Dear the school board of AHA, my is name Arnold Skeets and I’m here to present you my side of the uniform agreement. First, I want to ask a question “Do uniforms really improve a student’s academic ability in school” I oppose against the uniform policy. One of my reason is my ability to express myself through my outfits like my favorite bands, and beliefs. In students, self expression is important because it is important part in adolescence, it is a way to show the world and everyone around who you really are. How many students would agree this is. Another reason is money, the reason why I say that is because student will have ask their parents to spend money on the thing they use only for school, and not they use every day, who not spend something that’s worth using every day. A study show that student that wears uniforms are willingly to rebel the school administration, another is that students feel restraint against their feelings. Another reason is that some things feel comfortable to other students like the designs of the uniforms and the fabric being used. Individuality, every one has it, uniforms, that strips the meaning. If there was no uniform policy the students can feel comfortable in what they do. I some respect for uniforms because it depicts the school’s image for others like other schools and universities. Uniforms show that students are part of the school and some stranger, and it also shows that the students are well behaved but that doesn’t really happen. Its show a good image about the school some students are able to show their gangs colors. The uniforms doesn’t stand out any group because of their skin color, race, and beliefs. In uniforms I see the what the school represent, no school wants to bad a bad image but at the sometime the school wants to express the students' inner thoughts and express them in a academic way. In every uniform policy there are always pros and cons, teacher and student will continue to argue. The uniform policy will fail and open wardrobe will win but with a few rules to students from reveal too much. In the end the student's opinion will mostly likely win. 

0 comments: